The Recipe For Making Hamburger buns. I hope you enjoy this easy Homemade Burger Bun Recipe! Split Top Hot Dog Buns - Classic Split Top Sandwich Rolls Recipe. These soft-textured, flavorful buns are ideal for burgers as well as all kinds of sandwiches.
Homemade Hamburger Buns are easy to make and will take your burgers over the top! Feel like you are eating at a gourmet burger bar with homemade buns, and they are freeze-able too! These are my favorite hamburger buns. You can make Hamburger buns using 10 ingredients in 14 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Hamburger buns
- Add 3.5 g of dry yeast.
- Mix 225 g of all-purpose flour.
- Fill 120 mL of warm water (about 41ºC).
- Add 1 of egg.
- Prepare 23 g of unsalted butter.
- Insert 10 g of white sugar.
- Fill 4 g of salt.
- Insert of olive oil.
- Insert 10 mL of milk.
- Prepare of sesame seeds.
While the burger tradition has faded away, I've learned a thing or two about making not just buns, but the perfect buns. Before baking, brush the buns with an egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds over the tops. How Do You Shape Hamburger Buns? How Do These Hamburger Buns Only Take an Hour?
Quick Step To Make Hamburger buns
- Whisk dry yeast, 30 grams of flour and the warm water into a bowl. Let stand until mixture is foamy (should be 15 minutes)..
- Beat the egg with a whisk and split it into two equal halves. Set one half aside to coat the buns later..
- Mix one half of the beaten egg with the melted butter, sugar and salt into the yeast mixture, then add the remaining flour (195g)..
- Knead the dough until soft and sticky, 5 to 6 minutes. You want a sticky, tacky dough, but not so sticky that big chunks stay attached to your spatula or fingers, so add flour or water if necessary..
- Form the dough into a smooth, round shape, tucking loose ends underneath..
- Coat a clean bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, set the dough ball in and rotate it a few times to cover it with a thin amount of oil. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil, then let rise in a warm place for about 2 hours (the dough volume should double)..
- Transfer the dough back to a lightly floured surface. (You don't want to use too much flour!) Pat it to flatten the air bubbles, then form into a shape, 1 to 2 cm thick, that you can easily cut into 4 equal pieces..
- Form each piece into a round shape, very gently tucking loose ends underneath. Then pat and stretch them into flat discs 1 to 2 cm thick..
- Arrange the buns on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Expect them to rise and double in volume, so space them enough. (You might want them to barely touch each other after rising, to get that typical hamburger bun look.).
- Dust very lightly with flour then drape with plastic wrap. (No tight seal!) Let buns rise for about 1 more hour (they should double in volume again)..
- Preheat oven to 190ºC..
- Mix thoroughly milk with the other half beaten egg. Using a brush, apply the egg wash very gently to lightly coat the top of the buns. Be careful not to deflate the risen dough! Sprinkle with sesame seeds..
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on top (should be 15 to 17 minutes). Let cool completely before tearing apart, slicing in halves and making burgers!.
- Time to make burgers!.
Making homemade hamburger buns is easy if you plan ahead. Your guests will be so impressed to learn your soft, fluffy buns are homemade! It's getting really close to hamburger season. Hamburger buns are soft rolls, usually already split horizontally to accommodate a burger patty. A hamburger bun is a round, risen bread designed specifically to hold a hamburger patty and the accompanying toppings. That's how to make Hamburger buns Recipe.