The Recipe For Making Vegan Korean BBQ Burger.
You can make Vegan Korean BBQ Burger using 29 ingredients in 10 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Vegan Korean BBQ Burger
- Fill of Kimchi Ketchup:.
- Mix of Kimchi, 2 Cabbages.
- Prepare of Tomato Ketchup, 2 Heaped TBSP.
- Prepare of @chillibellasg's Korean Chili Paste / Gochujang, 2 Heaped TBSP Adjust To Preference.
- Fill of Maple Syrup Preferable Grade 'A', 2 Heaped TBSP Adjust To Preference.
- Mix Pinch of Nori Flakes,.
- Insert of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/4 Lemon.
- Fill of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/4 Lemon.
- Prepare of Korean BBQ Sauce:.
- Fill 4 TBSP of Maple Syrup Preferable Grade 'A',.
- Add 1 Dash of Liquid Smoke,.
- Fill 4 TBSP of Vegan-Friendly Soy Sauce / Tamari,.
- Mix 1 TBSP of Rice Wine / Mirin,.
- Fill 1 TBSP of Sesame Oil,.
- Add Pinch of Garlic Powder,.
- Insert Pinch of Ginger Powder,.
- Add Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- Mix Pinch of Gochugaru,.
- Mix 1 Stalk of Scallions,.
- Mix of Burger:.
- Add of Sesame Oil, A Drizzle.
- Fill 2 Cloves of Crushed Garlic,.
- Prepare of Crushed Ginger, 1" Sliced Into Halves.
- Mix 2 Stalks of Crushed Scallion,.
- Mix 4 of Beyond Meat Burger Patties,.
- Add 2 of King Oyster Mushrooms,.
- Prepare 4 of Vegan Burger Buns,.
- Insert 1 Handful of Kimchi Finely Chopped,.
- Fill 1 Handful of Scallions Finely Sliced,.
Easy Way To Make Vegan Korean BBQ Burger
- You can check out my previous vegan kimchi and vegan burger buns recipes..
- Prepare the kimchi ketchup. Blitz kimchi, ketchup, chili paste and maple syrup in a blender until smooth. Transfer into a bowl. Add nori flakes, lemon zest and juice. Mix until well combined. Taste and adjust for sweetness and spiciness. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use..
- Prepare the Korean bbq sauce. In a bowl, add maple syrup, soy sauce, wine, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, mushroom powder and gochugaru. Mix until well combined. Add in scallion. Set aside until ready to use..
- Prepare the burger. In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle some sesame oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in 2 patties. Add in the crushed garlic, 1/2" ginger and 1 stalk of scallion. *You can crush them with a back of a knife.*.
- Brush the patties with the bbq sauce. Cook until the bottom is crispy brown. Flip and brush the patties with some more bbq sauce. Baste the patties with all the liquid. Cook until the bottom is crispy brown. Remove from heat and set aside on a plate with all the crushed aromatics..
- Brush the patties again with more bbq sauce. Repeat the steps for the remaining patties. *By cooking the patties in batches will prevent overcrowding of the skillet, which will create steam rather than searing and cooking.* Slice the mushroom lengthwise into 4 slices. You should have a total of 8 slices..
- In the same skillet, drizzle some sesame oil. Place in the mushroom slices. Again, you can do this in batches. Brush the mushrooms with bbq sauce. Cook until the bottom is lightly caramelized. Flip and brush with more bbq sauce..
- Slice burger buns into 3 tiers. Toast the buns in the same skillet. Once all the patties and mushrooms have been cooked, buns have been toasted, in the same skillet, pour in the remaining bbq sauce. Deglaze and reduce slightly until thick consistency. It should coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and transfer into a bowl..
- Assemble the burger. Smear kimchi ketchup on the bottom buns. Add some kimchi over the top. Place the patties over the kimchi and drizzle some reduced bbq sauce over the top. Scatter some scallions..
- Add on the 2nd tiers and smear on some more kimchi ketchup. Followed by 2 slices of mushrooms each. Drizzle some reduced bbq sauce over the top and some scallions. Close the top of the burger buns. Serve immediately..
That's how to make Vegan Korean BBQ Burger Recipe.