The Recipe For Making Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken Burger.
You can make Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken Burger using 23 ingredients in 10 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken Burger
- Fill of Chicken Patties:.
- Mix 300 g of Skinless Boneless Chicken Thigh,.
- Prepare 1.5 TBSP of Granulated Sugar,.
- Fill 1 TBSP of Shrimp Paste Preferably Lee Kum Kee,.
- Mix 4 TBSP of Tapioca Starch,.
- Add 1 TBSP of Rice Flour,.
- Insert 1 TBSP of Shao Xing / Hua Diao Wine,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Oyster Sauce,.
- Mix 1 TBSP of Light Soy Sauce,.
- Prepare 1 of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- Fill Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Add Pinch of White Pepper,.
- Prepare Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- Add of Burger:.
- Insert of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Frying.
- Mix 1 of Red Onion Finely Sliced,.
- Insert Pinch of Granulated Sugar,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Insert Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Add 1 Handful of Fresh Coriander Coarsely Chopped,.
- Mix 3 TBSP of Sriracha,.
- Fill 3 TBSP of Kewpie Mayo,.
- Add 4 of Steamed Bao,.
Step By Step To Make Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken Burger
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/mantou-bao if you wanna make your own steamed bao..
- Prepare the chicken patties. Slice the chicken thigh into 4 equal pieces. In a shallow bowl, add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine well and until the sugar has dissolved..
- Add in the chicken. Coat the chicken well with the batter. Cover with cling film and marinade in the fridge overnight. Prepare a dutch oven with 2 inches of oil over medium heat..
- To check the temperature of the oil, insert a wooden chopstick. If bubbles start to form around the chopstick, the temperature of the oil is ready for frying.* Using a pair of tongs, gently drop the chicken into the oil away from you. *Do not discard the marinade.*.
- Spoon some of the marinade over the chicken to create a crispy skirt. Deep fried until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat and drain off excess oil on a wire cooling rack or on a plate lined with parchment paper..
- Assemble the burger. In a skillet over medium heat, add in about 2 TBSP of oil. Once oil is heated up, add in onion. Season with sugar, salt and pepper..
- Saute to combine well. Turn the heat down to low. Saute constantly until the onions are caramelized, about 30 mins. Transfer into a bowl..
- Add in coriander. Toss to combine well. Set aside. In a small bowl, add Sriracha and mayo. Stir to combine well..
- Set aside. Slice the bao into halves lengthwise. Spread the Sriracha mayo sauce on all halves. Place the chicken patties on the bottom bao..
- Top it off with the caramelized onion mixture. Close the burger with the top bao. Serve immediately..
That's how to make Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken Burger Recipe.