The Recipe For Making Hong Kong Pineapple Buns (Bolo Bao).
You can make Hong Kong Pineapple Buns (Bolo Bao) using 18 ingredients in 7 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Hong Kong Pineapple Buns (Bolo Bao)
- Add 300 g of bread flour.
- Mix 70 ml of water (For yudan mix) *.
- Mix 80 ml of water (For flour mix).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Add 7 g of instant yeast.
- Add 20 g of milk powder.
- Mix 8 g of custard powder.
- Insert 45 g of sugar.
- Mix 1/6 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 20 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Ingredient for the topping：.
- Insert 1/2 of egg (12g).
- Fill 105 g of All purpose flour.
- Add 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Fill 1 tbsp of milk.
- Fill 60 g of sugar.
- Mix 55 g of unsalted butter.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of water.
Step By Step To Make Hong Kong Pineapple Buns (Bolo Bao)
- Yudan mix: Put a tablespoon of flour into the pot, add 70 ml of water, and mix well. Gently cook, this will make the bread soft. Use medium heat, slowly become a paste, cook it like this, turn off the fire then pour it in a bowl. Let it cool. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent the surface from becoming hard..
- Make topping: In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder. Add in egg yolk, butter, and rub it with your hands. Gradually add milk. Wrap the dough with cling film & rest in fridge..
- For the dough: add flour, milk powder, custard powder, salt, yudane. Place the yeast on the the other side of the bowl. Add water. Mix until combined then slowly add the butter. Knead the dough until smoothly. Cover with a clean clamp towel and let it double in size..
- Sprinkle some flour on working surface. Roll the dough a cylindrical form then divide into 8 equal portions (67g for each). Round the balls. Prepare a lined baking tray. Spray sone water. Cover & let them double in size..
- Take the dough from the fridge, divide into 8 portions. Place on top of cling film, flatten the dough then cover the top. Roll out evenly, big enough to cover the dough.
- Place the crust dough on the top of the buns. Gently brush some egg wash..
- Preheat the oven at 200oC before 10 minutes. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown. Best served with a slab of butter..
That's how to make Hong Kong Pineapple Buns (Bolo Bao) Recipe.