The Recipe For Making Meat Curry Buns.
You can make Meat Curry Buns using 28 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Meat Curry Buns
- Prepare of A. Tanzhong/water roux/slurry.
- Mix 60 g of bread flour/plain flour.
- Mix 300 g of water.
- Add of B. Meat Curry Filling.
- Prepare 2 C of diced potato.
- Add 2 C of cooked, minced meat.
- Insert 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Fill 1/2 C of minced brown onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of hot chilli flakes.
- Insert 1 tbsp of shredded curry leaves.
- Mix 1 tsp of KEEN curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of BABA's meat curry powder.
- Insert 1/2 C of water.
- Mix 2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- Add of (Or salt to taste).
- Mix of C. The dough (bun).
- Prepare 150 g of water.
- Fill 1 (60 g) of egg - lightly beaten.
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter/oil.
- Add 1 tsp of salt.
- Mix 540 g of bread flour.
- Insert 3 tbsp of milk powder.
- Mix 1 tsp of bread improver.
- Add 2 1/4 tsp of INSTANT dried yeast.
- Mix of D. Glazing.
- Mix 1 of egg - beaten (apply before baking).
- Insert 2 tbsp of butter (apply after baking).
Quick Step To Make Meat Curry Buns
- Note: Start by preparing tanzhong/water roux. This can be made few hours earlier or a day before baking. Next, prepare/cook the filling. Then, Measure out all ingredients before getting started..
- A. Tangzhong - Mix flour and water in a small pot and whisk until there is no lump. Heat this mixture over low heat, keep stirring until it turns into a thick paste. Tangzhong is ready when the spoon used to stir leaves a visible trail all the way to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from drying before adding to the bread dough. This tanzhong can be prepared the night before or an hour before baking..
- B. Meat Curry Filling - half cook diced potato. Drain water. In a pot, cook minced meat in water, let it boil and then, drain the water. Next, heat oil over medium heat, add minced brown onion, shredded curry leaves, KEEN curry powder, BABA's meat/chicken curry powder & hot chilli flakes. Stir until aromatic then add cubed potato & 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in minced meat & season. Taste & adjust. Let this filling simmer over low heat until potato is tender..
- C. The Dough - Proof active dried yeast in 150g of tepid water for 5-10mins. In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached, add A (tanzhong), yeast mixture and the rest of the ingredients in C & mix at low speed for about 5mins. Stop the mixer, scrap the dough from the side of the bowl. Continue mixing (increased speed) & kneading for 10-15mins until dough is stretchable. This dough is a bit wet & sticky. Dont be tempted to add extra flour. Proceed to step 6..
- Note: If using a bread maker, place A (Tangzhong) in a bread pan followed by the rest of the ingredients in C. If using INSTANT DRIED YEAST, no proofing is required. INSTANT DRIED YEAST is added last to the bread pan. Press ‘dough’ function. Wait until it beeps and stops then Proceed to step 7..
- Grease a big bowl with oil. Transfer the dough into this bowl. Cover with cling film and let it rise for 1 hour or more or until it doubles in size..
- Once the first proofing is done, transfer dough to a generously floured work top. Punch the air out of the dough. Divide & weigh dough into smaller portions (50g each). Roll each portion lightly into balls (avoid pressing when rolling). Do the same with the rest..
- Once all done, take each ball, flatten & place a tsp full of filling then seal or wrap it neatly. Then roll the dough again in a circular motion with your palm against the table until it forms a round ball. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet/tray lined with parchment paper. Cover & let rise for another 40-50mins. Preheat oven to 160-170 C..
- Right before baking, gently brush the rolls with thin layer of beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins or until the rolls are lightly golden. Apply a thin layer of melted butter right after the buns are out from the oven. Serve warm. Extra buns can be kept for few days. Microwave for 30sec & serve warm..
That's how to make Meat Curry Buns Recipe.