The Recipe For Making Coffee Bun. Coffee Buns are buns with coffee buttercream topping! A few years back,I got a chance to taste this coffee buns from "Papa Roti" Doha and I fell in love with the buns. I could say, it was one of the best.
I am not a big coffee fan (tea person here) but these buns are so difficult to resist. I had to admit, I was hesitant to undertake the task of. Mexican Coffee Bun (Rotiboy) - Sweet bun with coffee topping and butter filling. You can make Coffee Bun using 18 ingredients in 16 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Coffee Bun
- Add of Bread dough.
- Add 80 of g/ml milk, warm.
- Fill 4 g (1 tsp) of granulated sugar, for yeast.
- Fill 3 g (1 tsp) of active dry yeast.
- Insert 175 g of bread flour or high protein flour.
- Fill 14 g of granulated sugar, for dough.
- Mix 2 g of table salt.
- Prepare 13 g of (more or less) egg.
- Add 28 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Mix of Filling.
- Fill 36 g of cold salted butter (can substitute with unsalted butter and sprinkle some salt).
- Prepare of Coffee layer.
- Insert 6 g (1 tbsp) of instant coffee.
- Add 5 of g/ml (1 tsp) hot water.
- Mix 42 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Insert 35 g of granulated sugar.
- Fill 35 g of egg.
- Add 49 g of cake flour or low protein flour.
It's popular in I have long heard about the legendary Mexican coffee bun or Rotiboy, a made-in-Malaysia bun with a. A coffee bun is a pastry that generally consists of rolled yeast dough. These Coffee Buns have a fragrant coffee cookie shell that gives way to soft bread underneath. Long before I started food blogging, I fell in love with coffee buns.
Quick Step To Make Coffee Bun
- Bread dough: combine warm milk and 4 grams of sugar. Then sprinkle the yeast on top of the liquid and let sit for 5-10 minutes until it gets foamy..
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add the foamy yeast and the egg. Combine well..
- Transfer dough onto a work surface. Add the softened butter and knead until it is fully incorporated. It will be messy at first but as long as we keep kneading, the dough will become less greasy and easier to handle..
- Knead for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth, elastic, and not tacky..
- Coat the dough ball with vegetable oil. Place it in a large bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let sit for about 1 hour in a warm area until it doubles in size..
- Filling: Divide the cold butter into 6 cubes (6 grams each). Refrigerate until needed..
- Coffee layer: Dilute instant coffee with hot water. Set aside to cool..
- Cream butter until smooth. Add sugar and mix until it is fully incorporated. Mix in the egg, then the coffee solution..
- Add sifted flour and mix just until combined. Transfer the batter into a piping bag equipped with a round tip (0.5 cm in diameter)..
- Assembly: Once the dough is doubled in size, punch out the air. Transfer it onto a work surface and divide into 7 equal pieces. Roughly round up 6 of them and set aside with a cover to prevent drying..
- Divide the last piece into 6 equal pieces. Take a piece and flatten it with your palm. Place 1 of the cubed butter filling on the center. Wrap it tight with the dough. Repeat with the rest..
- Now flatten one of the big pieces. Onto its center, place the wrapped butter with the seam side down. Wrap it tight, then place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the rest..
- Cover them and let rise for about 45 minutes until 1.5x bigger in size..
- Pipe a layer of coffee batter onto each bun, in a coil-like pattern. Start from the center and leave about 2.5 cm from the bottom..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 18-25 minutes or until the top is crispy to the touch. Best served when still warm..
The very first one I had as a little. Coffee Bun - Kopi Roti or Mexican Bun - Spoonful Passion. Coffee bun is a butter-filled soft bun, topped with an aromatic coffee crust. It is similar to Mexican conchas, but made famous by Rotiboy. It was marketed as the best coffee bun! That's how to make Coffee Bun Recipe.